This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Registry locator

4 replies to this topic

wellwisher

wellwisher
  • Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 13:27

I want to do the detection of a registry key that is presence of Service key/value under HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Exchange/Setup. In the Reglocator table I'm using Root Column as 2, Key Column as HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Exchange/Setup, Name Column as Services and Type column as 2. The thing is the property linked to this key/value discovery is set on x86 but fails on a 64 bit machine.
Note that the Services key/value in the registry points to some directory path is assocaited to the value in the Type column.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 21:31

Is this a 32 bit or a 64 bit msi package that you are running on x64? Is the registry entry in the 32 bit or the 64 bit part of the registry?

wellwisher

wellwisher
  • Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 14:43

Please let me know how to know whether this is x86 or x64 msi package. This package runs on both x86 and x64. Also how do I know whether I'm using 86 or 64 bit registry section. How to identify. Please let me know which section should I use and anything else that you would like to add.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 18:23

Then I guess it's a 32 bit setup. On x64 systems, registry accesses from 32 bit applications are transparently redirected to a special section of the registry. So your setup will write the entries in that special section. ut your 64 bit application will look for the information in the 64 bit section of the registry. Yu may need to create a separate 64 bit setup.

wellwisher

wellwisher
  • Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 21:07

But the requirement is to create a single setup. Can it be worked around?