This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

dynamic values in registry

2 replies to this topic

kpritts

kpritts
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2002 - 20:44

Could someone give me some sample code of how to create a customaction or just general how to get a value from the user into a property then put that value in the registry??? I am using Wise for Windows Installer. I understand how to get stuff in the registry, how to setup properties, but I can't seem to get the [property] to expand during installation. Is there a sequence I must follow???

any help is much appreciated.  A quick cookbook is most desired.

thanks
Kelly

kpritts

kpritts
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2002 - 17:54

to answer my own post: (again I'm using WFWI 4.02)
On a dialog I created an edit box. I created a new property associated with that edit box called VALUE. Then in the registry setup page I created a new value with [VALUE] as the value (yikes...). When I ran it and put something it the edit box is showed up in the registry.

now if I could just figure out how to pull something from the registry and then put that in another registry value, I'd be set.

hteichert

hteichert
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 May 2002 - 08:45

You have to get the value from the registry into a property and then write this property to the other registry location. It seems like writing properties is no problem for you, reading can be achieved via the AppSearch and RegLocator tables. But these tables can only be used (you will only get the value) if the registry entry already exists before you run your setup ;).
For further info look for "How do I search for a registry entry and create a property holding the value of the registry?" in the windows installer documentation.
h.teichert-ott