This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Enumerate access rights for a user against folder

2 replies to this topic

kirann_hegde

kirann_hegde
  • Full Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 13:22

Hi,

I need to enumerate the rights for a particular user against a particular folder i.e i need to know if IIS anonymous user(IUSR_<computername>) has read/write/full control for a particular folder. If the user has access then i need not take any action. In case the user does not have full control, then i need to grant the user full control for that folder. I need to carry out this using install script.

Please note that the user might belong to a certain windows user group and we also need to check if the user belongs to that particular group and the group has full control against the folder.

I would really appreciate if anyone could provide me with some pointers or code snippet to perform the above actions

Regards,
Kiran Hegde

SPV

SPV
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 11:26

You can you use Lockpermission Table entiries to set permissions to a particular folder.
---------------------------------------
Regards,
SPV.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

SPV

SPV
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 20:15

You should create .sdb file using secedit.exe and assign full access to this IIS user.It recommended to use this method over lockperm table method since the earlier method inherits perm while the latter method will overwrite perm.
---------------------------------------
Regards,
SPV.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"