This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

OLEAUT32.MSM and Win2K

6 replies to this topic

JoeThompson

JoeThompson
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 18:03

If my target machine has Windows 2000, do I need the OLEAUT32.MSM as part of my project or can I assume it is already installed?

Thank you,
Joe

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 18:24

Joe,

It's not the best idea to assume that it will be there.  You're better off including it in your setup.  Most likely the file will already exist and therefore will not be installed anyways.  That file is also a pretty common dependency of many other MSM's and could screw things up if not included.

Kurt Schneider

JoeThompson

JoeThompson
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 18:28

Kurt,

I guess I'll leave it then to be safe.  I didn't originally write this installation and am by no means an expert at installations so I don't really know what some things do.  It just seems to take a long time to "merge" this module during the build process so I thought I might delete it.

Anyway, thanks for the reply...

Joe

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 18:29

Joe,

How long is long?

Kurt

JoeThompson

JoeThompson
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 18:39

Kurt,

I just did a build tables only to see.
The other merge modules (COMCAT, MFC42, MFC42U, MSVCIRT, MSVCP60, and MSVCRT) all take about 3 seconds.  But when it gets to OLEAUT32 it takes about 4 minutes on my machine.  Either that or the next line "File table successfully built" is not showing but is what is actually happening.  That may make since being that I have alot of files...
What do you think?

Thanks you,
Joe

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 18:59

Joe,

Your exactly correct.  I remember seeing the same behavior at my end.  The result pane used to hang up merging one of my .MSM's, when in actually that part had finished and it was actually build a vast file table.

Sounds pretty normal

Kurt

JoeThompson

JoeThompson
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 19:03

Cool.  Thanks for the info...

Joe