This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installing msvcm90.dll manually

2 replies to this topic

Torben

Torben
  • Full Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 14:52

Hi guys,

in my WISE-setup I want to install the content of Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.msm manually into the folder where my application lies. The files are:

msvcm90.dll,
msvcp90.dll and
msvcp90.dll.

The problem I have using WISE is that at the moment where I want to add the msvcm90.dll in my installation an error message occurs saying that

"An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime libraray incorrectly[...]"

R6034.

I just want to install the file and providing an manifest file for my application that these particular dlls are used. By I can't compile my setup without the mentioned error message.

Does anybody know a workaaround?

The main problem at the moment is not providing the manifest files but to make wise copying my files correctly.

Thank you very much,
Torben

Torben

Torben
  • Full Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 16:50

Done :-)

Thank you for reading.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 17:12

You generally shouldn't do this, since Microsoft is now trying to install runtimes side-by-side on a per machine basis - meaning that there is only one copy of each version of the runtime. This again means that security patches can be delivered for the runtime and be updated in one location, whilst application's can target different side by side runtime versions.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul