This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MSDE SP3

2 replies to this topic

Josh Luth

Josh Luth
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 18:37

Has anyone made a successful patch to SP3 of MSDE..... I've tried doing upgrades by reinstalling, completely uninstalling and reinstalling and lastly, I've created patches. I can't seem to get anything to work. This is driving me nuts. I feel like completely dumping MSDE because of this crap....  :angry:

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

mhz

mhz
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 23:15

Not sure exactly what you're trying to accomplish, but I have deployed SP3 to NT4 machines in my environment by just running the redistrib. executable with parameters to make it install silently with no user interaction:

Setup.exe /upgradesp SQLRUN /LIME c:\temp\MSDEsp3.log

I think I have documentation that explains the possible command line parameters for this setup, but I don't have it handy right now.  But I'm sure I probably got the information from the SP3 download Readme or whatever.  Hope that helps a little.

mhz

mhz
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 23:51

Sorry...just looked over my prev msg and realized that the command line alone is not enough, I also had to add the following to Setup.ini:

[Options]
SECURITYMODE=SQL
INSTANCENAME=<put yours here>
BLANKSAPWD=1         <you may or may not need this line>
REBOOT=ReallySuppress