This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

windows installer permissions problems

2 replies to this topic

fliben

fliben
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 22:26

Okay I am trying to install Office 2000 on a windows 2000 exchange 2000 server for faxing conversion. When I lanch the setup.exe I get a windows installer message saying that "the administrator has put policies in place to prevent this instalation". I have checked all the local and domain group policies and there are no software restrictions in use. Does anyone have any help they can offer me?

I foregot to add that I am installing as a domain admin. and have even tried enterprise admin level as well to see if it was a user account problem.

Edited by fliben, 19 January 2004 - 22:30.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 05:41

Are you installing from a remote session (using the terminal server client)?
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 10:13

I assume you didn't write that setup, so contact the guys that actually did write it. If you did create that setup:

I experienced a similar situation, which was not at all related to policies or priviliges: the software was already installed, as advertized (or I tried to advertize software on a system where the software was present). Using MsiClean helped me correct the situation. EventLog and log files were not helpfull, although I recommend taking a look at them.