This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom Action Newbie Action

2 replies to this topic

Installah

Installah
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2001 - 09:26

Got a problem with Adobe Pagemaker 6.5.
In order to get it properly functioning for a simple user with basic rights, you have to set permissions on a regkey. I solved that problem using regini. Now, this is what I need to know: In order to make the custom action executing the string "regini.exe regfix.ini" - what do I need to do ? Don't know what options to choose in the custom action.

I would be extremely thankful if anyone could solve this little dilemma for me :)

thanks in advance,

/instalah

Tom

Tom
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 July 2001 - 15:24

You didn't specify which authoring tool (if any) you are using.  The following is phrased as appropriate for ISWI 2.03, but you should be able to use the answers even if you're just tweaking the tables with orca...

There's a bunch of different ways you could do it.  Is Regini.exe on the client machine?  Assuming it's in the system folder, what _I_ would do is:

Custom Action  (Type 34 if you want a 'return code', 98 if you don't - assuming you're not using a tool.  ISWI sets the type automatically)
Launch an Executable
Stored in Directory Table
Source:   SystemFolder
Target:  [SystemFolder]regini.exe regfix.ini
(use full path for regfix.ini)
Immediate execution

Note that the 'source' property does not have [] around it, but the target does - this is intentional.  The 'source'
Put it in the 'execute' sequence after 'InstallFinalize' (i.e. highest sequence# in execute).

(Edited by Tom at 9:25 am on July 31, 2001)

(Edited by Tom at 9:26 am on July 31, 2001)

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 31 July 2001 - 15:46

You should be able to use the LockPermissions Table.