This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Adding Custom Action to Progress Bar

4 replies to this topic

Kiril

Kiril
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 May 2001 - 19:24

How can I add my Custom Action to progress bar of SetupProgress dialog.I find Microsoft example in MSDN , but I don't know where I must place my Custom Acton and which Condition I must set.
I run other setup.exe in silent mode and my Custom Action need move ProgressBar during install.

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 22 May 2001 - 14:34

You may find it useful to look at the msi documentation
in page
- Windows Installer
 - Custom Actions
   -Using Custom Actions
     Adding Custom Actions to the ProgressBar

Kiril

Kiril
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 May 2001 - 17:12

Ok I know about this topic. But I need insert my Custom Action into three parts that run during the script generation , execution and rollback phases of installation.I don't know where is it.

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 31 May 2001 - 23:38

I hadn't erad the article carefully when I suggested it to you needs rewriting.  The first section of code is slightly spurious.

It is not obvious how to get all three entries from the article.  I blieve what you need to do is call the function from two seperate CAs  eg.  type 1 and a type 1025.  The 1025 does deferred and rollback and the type 1 is the immediate part done during script generation.