This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Feature display in Custom Setup dialog

3 replies to this topic

balaji4u

balaji4u
  • Full Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:03

Hi ,

I am creating a BASIC MSI and my requirement is when the user opts for a custom installation i want to expose the avaliable features for users selection ,as per the documentation the features with the property "Visible and collapsed" or "Visible and Expanded" will be shown in custom setup but i am not able to see the features at all. I have been trying a lot to figure out what the prob is , can anyone plz suggest what is missing here and why are the features not getting displayed.

Thanks and regards,
Balaji

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 14:56

Do the features have their feature level set to 0? (they shouldn't)
Did you test this on another computer (to make sure it isn't a redraw problem of the graphics card etc.)
Does the install work properly anyway?
Can you reproduce the problem with a fresh test project?

balaji4u

balaji4u
  • Full Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:19

Hi Stefan ,

After sometime i found out the problem. Basically i was working on multiple copies of .ism files which was a copy of a single .ism but all these ism files were using the same script files so whenever i modify any of these files it was working on a single copy of script files and this was causing the problem..But i still suspect why should this cause the features to be invisible i havent changed anything with respect to that. Now after creating sepearate files they start working..

Regards,
Balaji

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:21

I don't know and I don't see why a script custom action would be causing this in a Basic MSI project. Or are you using "InstallScript MSI"?