This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Update Service

2 replies to this topic

narapark

narapark
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 11:15

I had many attemps creating a patch for our software and it always asked for original source despite following all the MS guide lines, so we have concluded that it was not possible to create a successful patch for our software.

Now, we are interested in InstallShield's Update Service but it sounds like it envolves creating a patch. Is this mean that if I cannot create a patch, I cannot use Update Service?

Could anyone confirm me that if this is true or not please?

Many thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 21:38

The Update service will only notify about an available update, then download and launch it. The Update Service supports updates packaged as patches (.msp) or as .exe. So you can use any update/patch technology you wish as long as it produces an .exe (or you package the update in a self extracting exe). So you could create your update as minor or major upgrade, both in the form of .msi, packaged in a setup.exe.

lavocat

lavocat
  • Full Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 16:23

I had the same issue with the msgbox text "1".
Open the Media table and type the name of your media ("Disk1" for example) in the column "VolumLabel".
The same problem occurs with Transform projects.

Edited by lavocat, 29 November 2005 - 16:23.