This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Inactivate cancel button in prerequisite

10 replies to this topic

Tnaidu

Tnaidu
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 14:40

Hello All,

Please give me suggestions regarding my query....?

How to Inactivate cancel button in prerequisite window ?,
i want to install one prerequisite ,with that i want to install prerequisite forcefully without user interaction means we dont want cancel button,

so please give suggestion how to inactivate cancel button from prerequisite window..?

Thanks in advance,
--Tnaidu.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:37

Use the ControlCondition table to hide/disable the cancel button when the prerequisite property is set to true.

Tnaidu

Tnaidu
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 13:37

Hi Luke Thanks For Your help,

But prerequisite window is not present in the ControlCondition table,

so please give suggestion in this situation.

Or

Is it possible to hide the prerequisite window, i am using the IS11 basic msi.

Thanks in Advance,

--Tnaidu.

Edited by Tnaidu, 31 July 2008 - 13:37.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 22:31

Prerequisite window?

If you are using a basic msi, how have you created your set up?

You can skip any dialog by making the conditions skip it on the next button of the previous dialog.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:06

Luke, Tnaidu is evidently using Wise Package Studio which has a 'Prerequisite' page on which packagers can build a, er, prerequisite install. I never use it, preferring to use separate MSIs, either native (i.e. as supplied by the vendor) or re-packaged. That way, I get all the control I want.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

Tnaidu

Tnaidu
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 14:01

Hello Vbscab,

Thanks for your reply,

I am using the IS11 Basic MSI,
is it possible to hide in IS11,
please help me we are little bit urgency.

Thanks,
Tnaidu.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 14:30

QUOTE (Tnaidu @ 2008-08-01 13:01)
is it possible to hide in IS11

I don't have a clue, I'm afraid. As I said, I never set my packages up like that, preferring instead to install prerequisites via a deployment tool.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 15:36

The prerequisite dialog is displayed by setup.exe, before the actual msi setup is started. Therefore you can't easily change this behaviour. Also I think users should always have the option to cancel an action. What's your problem with this?

Barvaz

Barvaz
  • Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 15:09

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2008-08-02 15:36)
The prerequisite dialog is displayed by setup.exe, before the actual msi setup is started. Therefore you can't easily change this behaviour. Also I think users should always have the option to cancel an action. What's your problem with this?

I run my prerequisite as feature prerequisite – when the prerequisite Is running (In progress) and the user click on 'Cancel' button the prerequisite finishes the installation and only then the setup is aborted.
How can I Kill/Stop/Cancel the prerequisite installation and exit the setup? Can I?
Please advice.

Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:26

I don't think that's possible. InstallShield's setup.exe launches the prerequisite's setup.exe in silent mode. Now how would you abort this silently running setup?

Barvaz

Barvaz
  • Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:41

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2012-04-16 09:26)
I don't think that's possible. InstallShield's setup.exe launches the prerequisite's setup.exe in silent mode. Now how would you abort this silently running setup?

I'm not - During the prerequisite installation while the user click on Cancel button than the prerequisite running until the end and only than exit the setup.