This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Prerequisites dialog

5 replies to this topic

cornel_gav

cornel_gav
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 16:28

I want to display the prerequisites dialog after the actual installer starts, somewhere after "InstallValidate", not when the setup begins. Can I change this?

Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 14:49

Not with InstallShield 2008 or older.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 14:58

Never done it but I imagine playing with the sequencing in the InstallUISequence and InstallExecuteSequence tables might work...
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 15:06

Prerequisites come from setup.exe, before the msi part of the install is launched.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 16:09

So this topic should probably be moved from 'Vendor-neutral MSI topics'? smile.gif I imagined the OP had a custom dialog...

Edited by VBScab, 24 April 2008 - 16:10.

- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 17:48

Oh, it was only my assumption that cornel_gav is using InstallShield.

@cornel_gav: are you using InstallShield (then I'll move this thread to the InstallShield section of the forum)? If not please tell us what you are using and how you are installing the prerequisites.