This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Conditional Custom Actions

2 replies to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 18 September 2001 - 20:39

Here is what I would like to do.  What is the easiest way to find a file to make this happen?

I have a VBScript Custom Action, which occurs before copy files.  It errors due to the lack of scrrun.dll on the target machine.   My work around was going to be to call an additional .msi file via a Custom Action (Near the beginning of the install before the VBScript CA) to install and register this file only if it does not exist on the target. machine.  What is the easiest way to search for this file then use as the condition for this Custom Action?

As always ... THANKS!

The help on this site is great, by the way!!

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 September 2001 - 00:54

You can use AppSearch to find a file on the target system.  For detailled instructions, look at InstallShield Knowledge Base article Q103147.  

This will set a property to the path to the file.  If the file is not found, then the property will not be modifed.  So you could condition your action to install scrrun.dll if the property is set to it's initial value.