This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

exception 80040707 on win2003/xp only

2 replies to this topic

Bill Stephens

Bill Stephens
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 15:53

If this belongs under the DosExecPgm topic, I apologize. I've also started a thread on the InstallShield ISPro6.x community forum, but have had no responses after a few days. This problem is holding up a release, so I'm in the hot seat right now.

Occasionally, we've had customers say that they get an error 80040707 ISRT._WaitOnDialog when the IS Install Welcome Dialog is being posted. Until now we've been unable to isolate it.

We've narrowed it down to this:

- Windows XP or 2003 only (other Microsoft operating systems are okay).
- Regional Settings set for more than one language. Doesn't matter which one is active.

Our setup is built w/ISPro 6.31, and is English only. Setting Regional Settings for English US and English Zimbabwe (for example), leaving US as the defeault (or not) will cause the problem - every time. Removing the second language fixes the problem every time.

I would guess that this means we need the multi-language support, except that this works fine on Windows 2000. Adding multi-language support isn't an option right now either, since we have many custom dialogs/strings which would need translation and we are in the process of converting to IS Dev 8 MSI packages.

Thanks much for any help you can give.

Bill Stephens

Bill Stephens
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 16:32

Clarification:

When I said "Setting Regional Settings for English US and English Zimbabwe..." I should have said setting the Regional Options -- Standards and formats, not Languages. Adding the Zimbabwe format but not changing the active format from US, will cause the problem.

Bill Stephens

Bill Stephens
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 20:49

Never mind. My apologies.

I've narrowed it down even further and determined it has something to do with one of my own DLLs.