This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

The Installer was interrupted error.

1 reply to this topic

jjdajadams

jjdajadams
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 22:16

I get the error "The Installer was interrupted before XX could be installed." I am working off of a VS.NET installer for V1.1.4322. In the log, the Dirca_Check action failed with Return code of 3 (have not been able to track down what this means). After tracking this problem down all over the web, it appears there is a problem with "InstallUtilLib.dll" from .NET when switching from V1 to V1.1 or something to do with versioning. I have not done an upgrade but still have the problem. Is there any way around this issue? The only thing I have come up with that works is disabling the MS custom actions around the .NET version checking. A few weeks ago my machine was working fine with my install testing but something changed to cause this, the only major thing I have done since then is install SP2 for Windows XP Professional.

If I manually use Orca and disable the custom actions around version checking, the install will run but then fails whenever any other custom action is executed. I tracked this down to the XML configuration file which the version checking custom action generates ( [VsdFxConfigFile] ) is not there. When I provide my own it works. What is still a mystery is what changed on my machine to stop my install from being able to recognize the .NET framework version properly, is it some kind of security issue? This problem has crept up on several systems and it is not clear what the cause is. Any help here is appreciated.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 14:21

The return code of 3 means that the custom action returned "fatal error". I don't know what this custom action is supposed to do, or why it may fail.