This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Using Source Code Control

2 replies to this topic

jel

jel
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 00:46

We are using Clearcase.  It will not merge the .ism files because they are binary.  We exported the .idt files and placed those in SCC but now have no way to import them back in.

How do multiple people work on the same project?

Any idea on this or source code control in general will be greatly appreciated.

Jim

jcarver

jcarver
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 00:06

When you export the project it creates a file <projectname>.isv. This is what you need to import. See if you can load this into your IDE. This should create the new .ism project file. Alternately this can be converted to an .ism project using the automation interface - see ImportProject method in the help files. This is what we use for automated syncing and building.

I came across your post looking for answers to a problem I'm having with exporting and importing. See my post 'ExportProject/ImportProject and merge errors' in this forum.

John Carver

jel

jel
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2002 - 02:13

John

Opening the .isv file doesn't seem to do anything.  We have added the project to Clearcase and actually exported the .idt files.  However the check in and check out capability is not working.

The check outs are unreserved but trying to check in gets us errors from within the IDE.  However clearcase outside the IDE is fine.

Installshield has not yet provide us with an answer.

Jim