This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Creating a second 'AskDestPath' dialog

1 reply to this topic

narapark

narapark
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 13:40

Hi everyone,

I am new in creating customised dialogs and would appreciate any help/ideas from you please!

I am using InstallShield Developer 8.

What I want to do is to create a dialog (say, MyDialog) exactly like the default 'SdAskDestPath' dialog and put this MyDialog to appear after 'SdAskDestPath' dialog during installation.

1. In 'SdAskDestPath' dialog, I want the user to choose the destination path for our software to be installed (i.e. [INSTALLDIR]) - like the default behaviour of this dialog;

2. and on MyDialog, I want the user to choose the path where their work files (in this case, database files which are installed in the product) to be saved.

Could anyone tell me how to set the browse buttons, how I can store the destination value that is added by the user to be stored? (i.e. for SdAskDestPath dialog, the value is stored in [INSTALLDIR] but how about the value entered in MyDialog?)

Any suggestion or information appreciated.

Many thanks.

rmadassery77

rmadassery77
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 13:32

try to get the browse path in INSTALLDIR itself as in the std dialog, then after the browse operation is completed, you will have the path stored in the INSTALLDIR. No write an event to set a property (defined in Property table as public, say SAVEPATH) to this value. And add [SAVEPATH] wherever you want this path to come.
Rajiv Madassery
Galway Scripting Center
Digital GlobalSoft Ltd.
(Subsidiary of Hewlett-Packard Company)