This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Messed up progress bar

2 replies to this topic

jive02

jive02
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 10:38

Hi,

I have a problem with the progressbar in my installation. I have one big component and 6-7 smaller ones. Installshield appears to install the smaller ones first and when it is time for the big one the progress bar is already at 98%. This is of course incorrect since the big component is ten times bigger than the other ones together.

Code Sample

ComponentSelectItem ( MEDIA , "Specific English UK" , FALSE );
ComponentSelectItem ( MEDIA , "Specific English US" , FALSE );  

bIsAmerican = FALSE;                                  
if ( SELECTED_LANGUAGE == 0x0009) then
  ChangeDirectory(SRCDIR);    
  nResult = UseDLL(SRCDIR ^ "MY.DLL");  
  if (nResult >= 0) then
     isAmerican(bIsAmerican);    
     nResult = UnUseDLL(SRCDIR ^ "MY.DLL");  
  else
     MessageBox("Couldn't load MY.DLL.", WARNING);                                      
  endif;
  if ( bIsAmerican ) then                                      
     ComponentSelectItem ( MEDIA , "Specific English US" , TRUE );
  else
     ComponentSelectItem ( MEDIA , "Specific English UK" , TRUE );  
  endif;  
endif;

ComponentMoveData("", nResult, 0);

// set up default status
SetStatusWindow( 0, "" );
Enable( STATUSEX );
StatusUpdate( ON, 100 );

This is what I do before filetransfer. It's the only place where I mess with components..see anything bad?

Thanks in advance,

Jonas
- jonas

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 20:49

Well, I'm not sure of the answer to your concern, but I'll chime in anyway.  Everything looks ok with your selection of the components.  However, the smaller components that are being installed first, are they always chosen?  If so, IS may install the components that are always installed, then include any conditional components.  You may want to unselect them under 'Setup Types' and add a ComponentSelectItem call for each.  If that doesn't work, try renaming the components alphabetically the way you want them installed.

Anyone with more knowledge of how IS determine what goes down when, please chime in!

HTH
There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 22:04

Components are installed in the order they are listed in the IDE. You can them with the mouse (hold down the shift key while dropping)