This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Shortcut targets defaulting to C:\ instead of D:\91b\?

5 replies to this topic

Edmundo

Edmundo
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 March 2001 - 16:15

Hi All,

Can anyone please help me with the following problem?

Issue: I'm using Installshield v5.5 to create a setup routine, I have created two shortcuts for this routine one in START > PROGRAMS and the other on the DESKTOP.

Problem: I have declared a global variable (gvProgRootDir) in the setup.rul script. This variable is populated with the value of an AskPath function, which in my case is D:\91b\. However when I add gvProgRootDir to the target of the shortcut's it doesn't pick up  the value D:\91b\ as required, it enters C:\ as the default. Below is an example of the target for both shortcuts:

<gvProgRootDir>\bin\prowin32.exe

Question: Can anyone tell me why the target is picking up C:\ instead of D:\91b\ as required?

All help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 March 2001 - 20:48

How do you create your shortcuts? On the resources pane, or with AddFolderIcon?

Edmundo

Edmundo
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 March 2001 - 11:30

I've created the shortcuts in the resources pane, under the Shell Objects > Explorer Shell. Should I be using the AddFolderIcon?

Thanks Stefan,

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 March 2001 - 14:13

Did you create <gvProgRootDir> as destination directory for a component, and are you calling Component SetTarget for it? (This is required if you are using the resources pane).
With AddFolderIcon it would be enough to set gvProgRootDir to the correct path, like here:

gvProgRootDir = "D:\\91b\\" ;
szPath = gvProgRootDir ^ "bin\\prowin32.exe";

then use szPath in AddFolderIcon.

Edmundo

Edmundo
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 March 2001 - 16:11

Hi All,

I used the function AddFolderIcon, as per Stefan's suggestion  to create two shortcuts, one in START > PROGRAMS and the other on the DESKTOP.  Here is the code I used.

AddFolderIcon ( FOLDER_DESKTOP , "Trax.50" , ProgRootDir + "bin\\prowin32.exe", TARGETDIR + "\\temp" , TARGETDIR + "\\bitmaps\\Traxlogo.ico" , 0 , "" , NULL );

AddFolderIcon ( FOLDER_PROGRAMS , "Trax.50" , gvProgRootDir + "bin\\prowin32.exe" , TARGETDIR + "\\temp" , TARGETDIR + "\\bitmaps\\Traxlogo.ico" , 0 , "" , NULL );

Thanks Stefan,