This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom Property in MergeModule

1 reply to this topic

Alamelu

Alamelu
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:08

Hi,
I wanted to set a userdefined property and use this property as a condition for installing components in Merge Module.
I am doing the following steps

1) In the propery manager i am assigning a Property called "REGVALUE" and setting it to "2". This property is available in Merge Module

2) In the Components condition i am giving
condition = Not Installed AND REGVALUE=2

If i am specifying like this component is not getting installed. I like to know what is the reason. We are deliberately setting the REGVALUE to 2 and so the condition for the component definetly evaluvates to true and the component should get installed rite. But it is not happening. So where is that i am going wrong?

The component is getting installed if i define the same property in Install Script MSI.

Thanks
Alamelu

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 17:27

If you define the property in the merge module (not in the main msi project) then the module guid will automatically be appended to its name. You can see this when you open the msm file in direct edit mode. You need to append this same guid to the property name in your condition.

I don't know what you are trying to do, but the Not Installed part of your condition is either obsolete (if the condition is not re-evaluated in subsequent runs of the install) or will cause the component to be removed in a maintenance install.