This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 1322

2 replies to this topic

Doug Paida

Doug Paida
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 15:20

While running the user interface to install my application, I bring up the dialog to change the installation directory.   After entering a new path and clicking OK, I occasionally receive internal error 1322 (A portion of the folder path '' exceeds the length allowed by the system).   This only seems to happen the first time I try to change the path per install session.  If I click OK a second time, the installer accepts the path without a problem.   If I bring up the dialog again, and change to another directory, and click OK, the installer again accepts the new path I entered without a problem.   It seems to me that the target path is null at some point, but I don't know what else to check.   I have a custom action in the beginning of UI sequence that initializes TARGETDIR to a subdirectory under [ProgramFilesFolder].   I know it's being set because I inserted a VBscript message box at the start of the sequence, and am able to see that it is set to the expected value.    I don't normally use Visual Studio Installer to build my packages with, but I did so just to see what would happen, and the same problem happens with that package.   If anyone has any ideas about how to avoid this error, I would appreciate it.    Thank you.

Steve Knight

Steve Knight
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2001 - 18:40

If you use MsiGetProperty and MsiSetProperty, your custom action may be setting the buffer too small.  Try incrementing your buffer by one.  I believe this error is caused by the return value being twice the needed value, then dividing by two.  When the return value is an odd number, the result is less than what is required.  Hope this helps....