This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install hangs on Citrix Systems

3 replies to this topic

bobv

bobv
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 16:48

Our IS Dev 7.02 installer hangs when installing on WinNT4 or W2000 systems using a Citrix Metaframe Server. The dialog portion of the installer works fine. The installer hangs at 0% when the file install process begins.

I have /verbose mode .log files from these hung installs. The log file shows the install setup files were executed, but the file ends at the point where the first "===Verbose logging stopped" would appear.

The user is logged on as Administrator.
We have manually installed isscritp.msi which installs fine, but our installer still hangs at the same point.

Any ideas?

jpdery

jpdery
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 00:30

Same here, but with IsDev8 SP2:
http://community.ins...threadid=120444

Ailz

Ailz
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 17:08

Installing via a session does not seem to work, but I've had no problems installing directly on the server.

Copying the installer to the server and then activating it via the session seems to work okay

Edited by Ailz, 12 November 2003 - 17:13.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 18:04

I am NOT positive about this, but I have heard that installing to terminal server causes all custom actions to run in system context. I suppose the same could happen with Citrix.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul