This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Need help with subfeatures

1 reply to this topic

mse3

mse3
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 20:34

I'm still relative new to IS so sorry if this is a dumb question:

I have a set of features and subfeatures with no required features relationships set up. When I show the FeatureTree dialog, it won't let me deselect a subfeature without automatically also deselecting its parent feature -- which is obviously *not* what I want. I want to be able to make a few of the subfeatures optional. Is this possible in IS 10.5?

FYI: I am using InstallScript to programmatically set feature visibility and selection prior to displaying the SdFeatureTree dialog -- would that have an impact? I've looked that code over and I don't think I'm doing anything stupid there but can't be sure.

TIA,
Matt

mse3

mse3
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 21:34

Ok, I've made some progress with this but I still need some help understanding why it works this way, or a specific pointer to the relevant documentation (since I can't seem to find it).

What I have noticed is that if my parent (top-level) feature contains *no* components, then it works as expected -- that is, the sub-feature can be deselected without automatically deselecting the parent feature.

However, I need a place to put the components that I originally had associated with the parent feature! For now, I'veput the core components of the parent feature into a second sub-feature and hidden it, but that seem a little hacky to me.

Is there another way to do this, or is there something that I'm missing? unsure.gif

TIA,
Matt