This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

binary table

2 replies to this topic

madmaxandme

madmaxandme
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 March 2002 - 17:10

Hi everyone,

I have a straightforward question.  Could anyone point me the steps to stream a dll to the binary table?  I need to load the dll into memory, but obviously, USEDLL needs to know where to find the thing and I can't figure this out.  Or maybe it's not the binary table I'm looking for.  (Something must have replaced Installshield's OS Independent folder).

I'm using MSI 2.01 by the way.

Thanks!

Madmaxandme

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 March 2002 - 23:34

To add a file to the binary table, in the power editor, select the binary table.  Enter a new name, then enter the file location in the data column.  This will get the file into the binary table when it is built next.

To get the file out of the binary table at installation time, you can use the StreamFileFromBinary function.  This is included in one of the sample scripts provided with InstallShield.
Leigh Ravenhall
Expert Information Services

madmaxandme

madmaxandme
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 March 2002 - 15:26

Thanks Leigh,

I will try that.  (wondering if building the table only will do the trick, oh well, will have to test).  

Regards,

Madmaxandme