This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error Loading DLL

1 reply to this topic

paul6997

paul6997
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 00:00

Using:
IS Developer 8
IS MSI Project

I have a rather strange problem. Our installer calls UseDLL to load a utility DLL near the beginning of OnFirstUIBefore. I call ChangeDirectory(SUPPORTDIR) before UseDLL, since the DLL and its dependencies are in the SUPPORTDIR. 90% of the time, this is working perfectly. The DLL will load and I can call its functions. However, on some systems the load fails. I get error code 80040702. I can't find any info on that code anywhere. There is no easily discernable difference between the systems on which this works and those on which it does not. If I use a dependency walker and view the dependencies for the DLL in the SUPPORTDIR when our installer pauses at the welcome screen, I see that all of its dependencies are present. Of course, this doesn't really account for any dynamically loaded dependencies and I'm wondering if that's where my problem is. Does anyone have any tips for debugging something like this?

Thanks,
Paul

Shekhar

Shekhar
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 00:10

Just include .def file in the dll project with all your function definitions in it and build the dll and use it. This may help you.
best luck

Shekhar