This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

.MSI with ONLY MDAC2.7?

3 replies to this topic

getut

getut
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2002 - 14:24

Hello,
I am probably in the wrong place to find the information I am looking for but am at wits end. I am an admin... not a developer and I have none of the developer tools. I need an .MSI with only MDAC2.7 in it for the purposes of upgrading my clients through Active Directory Intellimirror. Can some kind sole point me to where I could find this or if someone even kinder could create one for me with the merge module on this site I would be forever grateful.
Robert Kluttz

Augusto

Augusto
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 January 2002 - 15:31

Try here http://www.microsoft...ad.htm<p>Cheers

getut

getut
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2002 - 15:39

That is the standard .exe installer. I need an .MSI installer (which Microsoft doesn't provide) to use with Intellimirror so that I can update client computers to that level of MDAC. Intellimirror will install software with higher access levels when it is used with .MSI installers (all my users are standard level users) and it won't let standard .exe type installs run unless you are signed on with admin privelege. Thus my reason for being here on this list. This is the only place I have found to even get close to finding an MDAC2.7 install in .MSI form rather than .exe form.
Getut

shaun

shaun
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2002 - 09:32

I packaged a version of the 2.7msm into an msi for u and emailed it to u