This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Detecting a user's Regional Options

1 reply to this topic

phil_cooling

phil_cooling
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 11:28

I've got an installation which will be used in the UK and the Republic of Ireland and I would like to be able to display a message with a different Tech Support Helpline number depending on where the user is. I am hoping I can use the "Regional Options" selection to determine if they user's Locale is "English (United Kingdom)" or "English (Ireland)" but have been unable to determine how to extract this information in InstallScript. Is there a way to do this - e.g. by looking at a Registry key or similar?

Thanks for your help.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 20:07

Hey there. I forgot that I do this in my setup, so sorry for not responding sooner. wink.gif

For NT4, W2K, and XP you can check the following registry entry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\sLanguage (string value)

For example, "ENU" is English (United States). To find out the expected values for the UK and Ireland just temporarily change your Regional and Language Options in the control panel and check the registry entry's resulting value.

Not sure about Win9x/Me since I normally don't develop setups for those operating systems, but I would think that the location would be the same/similar.

Edited by TacoBell00, 10 August 2003 - 20:09.

user posted image