This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Update Progress Bar Control in Custom Dialog

1 reply to this topic

trshyam01

trshyam01
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 14:35

I actually wanted to display a status bar in the Basic MSI Project.

Basically I have two Installscript custom actions in which I am using installing two third party softwares silently using LaunchAppWait Dialog.

I have sequenced them on next click of the InstallWelcome dialog.

Now I want to show a Progress bar to indicate the progress that the installation is going on.

Now I wanted to know how can I implement the same. Also in case I decide to use the Progress bar control, how do i dynamically depending on the installation status of the softwares update the Progress Bar.

Any information would be a great help.

Also any information on updating the progress bar and how to increment progrss bar using installscript or VBScript would be appreciated.

Thanks

dima_yuts

dima_yuts
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 20:34

You need to display standard dialog SetupProcess in UI sequence. when you execute your installers you need to specify LAAW_OPTION_USE_CALLBACK option.
Then implement OnLaunchAppAndWaitCallback() event. This event will be called each 1 second by default, you can change interval as well.
In that callback you can use event send to MSI MsiProcessMessage(hMSIHandle, INSTALLMESSAGE_PROGRESS, hProgressRec); Read about this event and its parameters in Microsoft MSI help on MSDN.