This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Having problems uninstalling ref GUID

1 reply to this topic

acreda

acreda
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 22:20

Hi All

Please bear with me as although I am tech minded by all of this i have learn myself from cut and paste instructions.

I can remove any of our packed MSI's at work as they are all cached on the workstations and seems to work pretty well but i am having more problems removing unauthorized software where the MSI is not on the computer.

best example is of course iTunes!

I am trying to remove the install by running
CODE
Misexec /x {3F2504E0-4F89-11D3-9A0C-0305E82C3301} /qb

of course that is an example GUID but as far as I'm aware this should work ive got the GUID from the registry of the remote PC from the ......./current version/uninstall... is there a switch I am missing? should i take away the space between the /x and {?

just to give you the proper context i am running this from my own workstation, by opening a cmd on the remote pc using psexec, which in turn has been launched from a cmd box running as my AdminID, so i should have good permissions. i can certainly issue install and transform commands this way.

I mean do i need the /a switch? sorry if i am rambling wink.gif

I did notice in the remote registry that the uninstall path was just MsiExec /I{3F2...... is it possible for apple to stop an msi removeal via msiexec?

thanks for the pain
Bry

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:12

You shouldn't need the /a switch.

To see why your uninstall isn't working try without /qb and/or generate a log file. Maybe the GUID is not the correct ProductCode or there's something in the package that intentionally prohibits silent uninstall.

Alternatively to msiexec /x {ProductCode} you could use
msiexec /i your.msi REMOVE=ALL

Maybe as a first step try and see if everything works as intended when you're logged on locally on the machine. Once oyu have the correct command and GUID you can try remotely.