This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uncheck a Checkbox

2 replies to this topic

daktmacfan

daktmacfan
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 21:19

Hi,

I am working on an installation where on the last dialog if a checkbox is checked a custom action is run which installs dlls to Windows GAC.

I would like to have this checkbox by default unchecked. This checkbox seems to always be checked no matter what I set for the value property of the checkbox or setting the property associated with the checkbox. Both to 0 of course.

If I take the property out of the property take checkbox is unchecked, but then when I run the installation checking it does nothing. I also tried to set the checkbox to { } which also doesn't work.

What is the best way to make this checkbox by default unchecked and then when I do change to check have it set the value of it's property?

thanks,
dk

daktmacfan

daktmacfan
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 22:15

Ok I'll add more to my issue. If I delete my property associated with this checkbox from the property table the checkbox is uncheck when I run the install. But then if I select the checkbox the CA which is supposed to execute when the checkbox is checked doesn't execute.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:06

Setting a property: PROPERTY = {} (no space in between) is the right way to undefine / delete a property.

Second: check boxes will always be checked if a property is defined (with any value I believe), the only way to uncheck is to delete the property using the method described above.

Condition your custom action with PROPERTY then it will run if this property has any value. Don't use PROPERTY = "Something".

Regards
-Stein Åsmul