This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Browse button is not working...

5 replies to this topic

vipul

vipul
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 February 2001 - 22:12

Hi,
I put browse button(push) in User interface which will prompt user to give Destination folder. There is default path is given..but if user wanna change destination folder..he have to click Browse button.so new dialog will pop up and in which user will select their destination folder for application....so I have put push button control and in it's behaviour is set for creating new dialog box i mentioned above...But during installation ..if i tried to click that one..it is giving Internal error 2312...
I am using Installshield Profesional for Windows Installer version 2.0...
If anybody have some idea..plz let me know..
Thanx in advance..
Vipul..

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 February 2001 - 07:12

Are you sure the error number is 2312? It is not listed in MSI help.

Look at the Custom Setup dialog to see how it is done.

SteveP

SteveP
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 February 2001 - 16:13

There is a BrowseDlg in the standard UI.  If you launch that dialog with your pushbutton, then the behavior of the BrowseDlg should be what you want.  It takes the default path and displays drive and folder selections as well as an edit box.  The user can select the path or type it into the edit field.  When the user clicks OK, the dialog executes a SetTargetPath action and returns to the calling dialog.

vipul

vipul
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 February 2001 - 17:46

Steve,
I am using that std. dialog but for getting that dialog I put Browse button in another dialog..n when i click that browse button instead poping up Brows Dialog..it will show some error message.
and sorry error no. is  Inrenal Error : 2343

SteveP

SteveP
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 March 2001 - 17:36

I think the issue is with passing the _BrowseProperty to the BrowseDlg.  I think what is needed is to tie the path you want to change to that temporary property at the time you launch the BrowseDlg.  Then use the final control action on the original dialog to set the path variable to what the browser returns.

I will do a bit of testing on this and make another post once I have got it nailed down a bit better.  I'm kinda' pressed for time at the moment.  :-)