This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Reboot doesn't work anymore

4 replies to this topic

ThomasP

ThomasP
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:41

Hi,

we are working with a InstallScript setup which has the dialog box "SdFinishReboot" on its end. The setup was created with InstallShield 2010 Premier Edition.
For some weeks we have InstallShield 2011 Premier Edition. Now we have opened our setup with this one and built the setup.

If you choose the option "Yes, I want to restart my computer now" on the end of the setup, the restart of the system does not works. First a grey screen displays and after that we get a bluescreen with the message you can see in the attachment. It is not possible to start the operating system anymore.

We have tested this case with various OS like Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2 and Windows XP SP3. Only with Windows XP SP3 it was possible to do a reboot of the system and no bluescreen or error displays.

Thanks,

Thomas

Attached Images

• ndsiskl.JPG

Edited by ThomasP, 04 October 2010 - 10:47.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:50

Ultimately it's a bad driver that's causing the BSOD, so it seems unrelated to the IS setup, but Flexera will help you with such upgrade issues if that's truly the case.
user posted image

ThomasP

ThomasP
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:49

We have tested the situation with various setup projects. The same setups which were built with Install Shield 2010 work fine. Only when I built the setup project with InstallShield 2011 a reboot of the system is impossible and the bluescreen displays.
So I think it should be a problem of InstallShield 2011, because when I built the setup with another InstallShield Version a reboot is possible and everything works fine.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 13:46

Understand and Flexera should work with you then to resolve the issue with their latest version of IS.
user posted image

ThomasP

ThomasP
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 14:33

Okay, i have contact the support of Flexera and open a topic in their community. Thank you!