This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

db connectivity

1 reply to this topic

Angelica

Angelica
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 15:54

Hello:

I need to set up ODBC connections with Installshield, using OSQL to initialise the database. How can it be done?
Pl. help.
What to do if I have to replace a file and the file is locked?
How does IS recognise duing an upgrade whether to replace a file or not?

Thanks in Advance,
Angelica.
:(

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 17:18

Question 1:  On the components tab, choose which component you'd like to have the ODBC connection attached to.  Right-click that component and choose "Insert InstallShield Object".  An ODBC object will be one of the choices.  Just follow the wizard and you'll get what you need

Question 2:That condition will automatically call the OnFileLocked() function.  I personally use an automatic response to the dialog box (the user does not see the box).  Then set a flag to bring up a reboot screen at the end of the install.  Here's what I use:
Code Sample
function OnFileLocked(File)
begin
bRebootNeeded = TRUE;
return ERR_PERFORM_AFTER_REBOOT;
end;

Question 3: Unsure what question you're asking here.  A) How does the script choose which components to install?;   or B)The components have been selected correctly, the file groups chosen, and now is the file a newer version?; or C) You've never specifically chosen a component but it keeps getting installed.;
Let me know which question you're trying to ask, and I'll help if I can.
There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)