This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Going crazy with uninstallation

2 replies to this topic

smileworld

smileworld
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 04:41

[B] Hi folks,

I am having a queer problem. When I uninstall some of the folders are not getting uninstalled. ITs understandable since they are created by the app. But when I use a particular  VB script (which is given below). It works sometimes and it does not work sometimes.... Sometimes It works and at others it throws a 1720 or 1721 error saying that a script could be run

Can anyone help me out with tis craszy part
mahesh

Derekw

Derekw
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 16:24

Instead of using a custom action, you could try adding entires to the RemoveFile table.  Or use the CreateFolder table to make the folders at install time, then they should be removed.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 00:29

I have had the same problem with my install. I had to create some custom actions to cleanup my install directories after the uninstall.
I decided to add these before the RemoveFiles and RemoveFolders standard actions. Windows Installer can then go along after and remove all of its files (which I have removed anyay). This ensures that there are no rogue folders lying around in the registry and my install will cleanly uninstall.

So maybe check the sequence of you actions, maybe some of the files are help open when you are trying to delete them?