This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

LaunchAppAndWait problem

7 replies to this topic

levi

levi
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 12:58

During the uninstallatin I call the below batch file.
The launchappanswait returns 0 but the file is not exectuted. I can see a command window just comming and disappearing.

LaunchAppAndWait(SUPPORTDIR^"isqlcheck.Bat","",WAIT);

Regards,
Levi

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 16:20

for testing purpose add a "pause" to the batch file, so it will remain open and you can look for error messages ...
Gruß / regards
Thomas

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 09:36

A .bat file is not executable. You need to launch cmd.exe and pass in the .bat file on the command line.

vikasagg

vikasagg
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 14:42

I have tried launching .bat file with LaunchAppAndWait(InstallShield Express 10.0), you can launch that, i think in bat file itself you write pause or cmd.exe which will stop the command prompt to close itself.

levi

levi
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 05:44

In the batch file i have included a pause. But the windows closes immediatly. The launchappandwait function returns 0, means it was able to execute the file successfully. I had put a command dir > dir.txt in the batchfile. But neither the pause nor the dir command is getting execute. All i see is a flash of a command window. When i try to run the batch file seperatly it runs without any problem. I had similar problem of executing Vbscripts during uninstallation. Searching google i found a registry entry to be changed. And after the change the vbscipts started working during the uninstallation. I do not have any problems during installation. All scripts and batchfiles execute as expected.

Regards,
Levi

vishnub

vishnub
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 17:00

Hi Levi,

I am facing the same problem, in my bat file, i included pause and i am calling a java program in it, if i run it manually it works. From Start -> Run, also it working fine, but when i call within Installer, it flashing and disappeared. If u found any solution, please put the same in this post.

I think it may be bug, because when put the same code in OnBegin event it works fine, when i call this in event handlers, Product_Installed or Product_UnInstalled, it is not working.

Stefan, Vikas, Perotin or anyone can help us in solving this issue.

Thanks
Vishnu

vishnub

vishnub
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:13

Hi Levi,
I got a workaround from InstallShield Community to make it happen.
http://community.ins...ad.php?t=124517
It working for me, u can try this. use

LaunchAppAndWait("cmd.exe", "/c cmd /c isqlcheck.Bat", LAAW_OPTION_WAIT);

ChangeDirectory() to corresponding location and execute the bat file as above. I hope it will work

Regards,
Vishnu

levi

levi
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:37

Hi Vishnu,
I dont know how to thanks you...
It worked. I was in deep trouble just because of this problem. I was generating a patch installation and i was supposed to run few batchfiles which would run the database reverting scripts.
Now things are fine..

Thanks and regards,
Levi