This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Too much series problem with MSDE 2000 (msm)

2 replies to this topic

hafizsohaib

hafizsohaib
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 08:05

Dear Stefan and others,
I m using InstallShield Developer 8.0. I have created my setup successfully containing the following features :
1- MyExes. 2- DataFiles 3- MSDE2000 (Merge Modules)
My setup is running successfully with those windows logins which have Admin rights on the system.
but the setup fails in the initialization of its components when ever i try to install setup with the login which does not have admin rights on that system.
and quit from processes without giving any message to the user. we want user must be a system admin if he/she wants to run our setup successfully.

Part of code from OnFirstUIBefore....

function OnFirstUIBefore()
begin
if (Is(USER_ADMINISTRATOR, "") = FALSE) then
MessageBox("Installation can only be carried out by a user who has Full Administrator privileges on this machine. Please login as an Administrator of this machine to run the installation.", 0);
abort;
endif;
end;

i m attaching error logs with the mail
Plz help
Regards
H.M.Sohaib

hafizsohaib

hafizsohaib
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 14:04

Dear all,
if anyone have idea plz share ....

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:19

From our e-mail conversation:

What you could try is moving your AdminUser check from OnFirstUIBefore to OnBegin.

Are you using the MSDE merge modules from Microsoft? You shouldn't do that. There's a MSDE Object for NT that you could use (not sure if it's available in Dev 8) or better pre-install MSDE using a custom launcher (later versions of InstallShield have a prerequisite installer for this). In both cases MSDE will always be installed, regardless of the selection state of your MSDE2000 Feature.