This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install error after installing MSI 3.0

1 reply to this topic

pavank1009

pavank1009
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 18:35

We currently installing MSI 3.0 is as a pre-requisite for installing our product A. This is installed from our Autorun.msi which launches it as a separate process and waits for the process to complete and suppresses the reboot if required. The problem now with installing MSI 3.0 is that, after installing MSI 3.0 from Autorun, our product installation fails with error 2755. This problem goes away once I reboot after installing MSI 3.0. I also noticed that if I do not have any .msi window ( Autorun in this case ), then all the installations succeeds after installing MSI 3.0 and without rebooting. This problem does not appear on Windows 2003. Our management is not willing to allow a reboot before installing our product. Did anyone see this kind of behaviour? Any idea how to avoid it?

Edited by pavank1009, 09 November 2004 - 18:50.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 19:54

I don't think you can install or update the MSI runtime from a msi. Use a autorun.exe instead.