This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Crystal Reports 8.0 Merge Module

1 reply to this topic

bchan

bchan
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2002 - 21:33

Hi all,

I am trying to run a report designed in Crystal Reports 8.0 through a web application I created.  Normally I must install Crystal Reports on the web server.  Will the Crystal Reports merge module eliminate this?  Because I've tried and it doesn't seem to work.  Normally when I go into the configure option of the virtual directory there is an entry for .rpt which links to a crystal reports dll...  but this is not the case when I only install the merge module.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

mikebsr

mikebsr
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 21:09

I've had no luck in getting either Crystal reports merge module (8.0 and 8.5) to work.

I created my own Crystal merge module and it appears to do the job for me. However, I can't get my Crystal reports to work without modifying the system environment path to include several of the Crystal directories. Neither merge module supplied with Installshield appears to alter the path, so I'm not sure how it would work. In any event, I manually modified the path and they still wouldn't run anyhow.
Mike