This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 2753 - strange behaviour

1 reply to this topic

Torben

Torben
  • Full Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 13:28

Ho forum,

I crawled the net without any success for solutions to my problem.
I get on Win7 and WinVista computers with activated UAC while deinstall the error 2753. This is may reasoned in the structure of the setup, and this one is quite of a uncool structure.

I have an msi containing some mergemodules. In one of those mergemodules there are CustomActions like "Execute installed program" (not know the number of this CA). This ca has one condition like this:

NOT REMOVE AND VersionNT >= 500 AND AFTERREBOOT=0 AND NOT REINSTALL AND RUNEXE="yes"

When I start this msi I can output the current values of each property and the condition works fine. The value of RUNEXE is set by the msi, just used in the msm.

So this constellation works fine on all systems, but we use this msi also as NestedInstallation in another one, and when I deinstall this "wrapper"-msi, I will get the mentioned error.

Reading the log sais that obviosly the CA from the msm is executed, allthough the condition should prevent it from being performed during uninstall.

Crawling the net gave me the hint trying to expand the condition like this:

?ComponentContainingTheEXEToBeRun=2 AND NOT Installed AND NOT REMOVE AND VersionNT >= 500 AND AFTERREBOOT=0 AND NOT REINSTALL AND RUNEXE="yes"

So I check if the component itself is marked to be installed and added the NOT installed condition. But also this is not working, this ca is perfomed each time, even on uninstall.

What I don't understand is, why this setups runs fine on WinXP and W2k, and runs fine on Win7 and WinVista without UAC, and runs fine on one single Vista-PC WITH UAC. This sounds too strange to believe, but it's really that unpleasing.

In the log there is a line like this:
MSI (s) (30:14) [11:09:16:475]: MSI_LUA: Nested installation UAC elevation tracks that of parent (is not elevated)

So maybe I am totally on the wrong track with this issue.

Any help is appreciated :-)

All the best,
Torben

Torben

Torben
  • Full Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:00

Hi Forum,

I was really on the wrong track. This workaround works fine:

Start cmd.exe "as Administrator" and deinstall the setup using msiexec /i NameOfSetup.

For a good solution i need a possibility to elevate the whole setup automatically when beeing installed or uninstalled. Is there a possibility to do this?

Thank you,
Torben