This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Upgrading to new InstallShield

3 replies to this topic

sweetp

sweetp
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 20:29

I have had various problems with data being left behind by InstallShield. The problem seems to have become much worse when running the installer under XP.

We are considering upgrading to a newer version of IS. Could I expect better behavior under XP? What version is recommended? Is IS9 the upgrade path for all users now?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 01:15

Are you using IS 6.31? 'cause that was the first version to officially support XP. You also need to be sure that Windows XP is selected under your project settings as an acceptable OS.

Also, are these leftovers files during the install process, uninstall process, or both?

Finally, for your other questions, you're really asking the wrong audience since we're IS6 users, but I hold off moving your post until you reply.

Edited by Taco Bell, 14 October 2003 - 01:16.

user posted image

sweetp

sweetp
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 00:43

Yes I have 6.31. I have XP selected as an acceptable OS. However, the problem is really that my installer calls 2 other IS installers, silently. It is those installers that leave their install folders behind in the temp directory.

I think uninstall is clean.

Perhaps the sub-installers do not have XP selected?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 02:09

Yeah, either that or the sub-installers are old and therefore don't properly support XP.

However, that definitely changes thing. Since those 3rd party installs are out of your control, upgrading to a newer version of IS certainly won't help the problem.

If I were you, I would just add code to my setup to clean up after these litter bugs. wink.gif
user posted image