This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 1714

3 replies to this topic

jmarsch

jmarsch
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2001 - 17:51

One of our customers encountered this error while trying to upgrade our product.  (major revision).  He tried to work around it by uninstalling the old version and then performing a full install of the new, but he still gets the error.  Any suggestions?

bfranson

bfranson
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 00:16

It is an Installshield bug - see Installshield Knowledge base article Q105518.

Hope this helps.

jmarsch

jmarsch
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 18:06

Thanks, I'll give that a try. The only thing that doesn't fit is that I'm not using Developer 7.  The setup was originally written in ISWI 1.x, then we upgraded to ISWI 2.03 (which is where I'm getting this occasional error).  Maybe the same workaround will work with this version.

bfranson

bfranson
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 18:34

I am also using ISWI 2.03 - I did have to add a property called SILENTINSTALL that I set to null unless it was a headless installation (which is where the problem comes up).  If you never do a silent installation, you could just put a 0 in the condition and it will likely work.

Hope that helps