This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Disabling Dialog options.....

2 replies to this topic

karthiksankaran

karthiksankaran
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 08:46

hi all,
i m stuck up with a peculiar problem. My client requested us to disable the "X"(windows close button to the right hand top of the dialog box) in the SetupProgress dialog. Does any one know how to do it through the installshield developer 8.0? I m not using any scripting for it. all i want to do is to achieve this task with the installshield tool itself. unsure.gif

any suggestion and help will be considered valuable.

thanks in advance for ur help.. smile.gif

Karthik Sankaran
Digital Global Soft Limited,
39/40, Konappana Agrahara,
Hosur Road, Electronic City,
Bangalore 561 229

karthiksankaran

karthiksankaran
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 06:39

Found a solution myself..... rolleyes.gif

well i found a solution for this problem. All i did is as follows:

i went to the ControlEvent Table. there i made the Condition Property for the SetupProgress dialog's Cancel Button to "0".
This disables the functionality of the Windows close button and also disables the Cancel button in that MSI.
But this solution is effective only when u want this to be done in the design time. Regarding changing these during the runtime, i think we must use only the Script unsure.gif . i m currently working on it and if i find a solution, i will keep this thread updated...... smile.gif

hope this will prove helpful to many who have the same query.....

HAVE A NICE DAY.....wub.gif

Karthik Sankaran
Digital Global Soft Limited,
39/40, Konappana Agrahara,
Hosur Road, Electronic City,
Bangalore 561 229

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 10:45

You could try using aproperty in the condition.