This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Trying to get simplified and traditional chinese w

4 replies to this topic

pbasra

pbasra
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 22:04

Hello,

I have two versions of installshield, 9 and 11. I haven’t upgraded my project yet to IS11 and it is in IS9. What I urgently need is away to get the traditional and simplified chinese languages working in IS 9 and was wondering how I could do so? I have tried moving the 0404 and 0804 language directories, from a machine that has IS11 installed, to the Redist of a machine that has IS9 install and editing the langs.ini but that doesn’t seem to work. Installshield doesn’t seem to pick up the two languages. Can anyone offer any other suggestions? Anything's going to be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Pardeep

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 12:31

Do you have any language packs (east and/or west) installed for your Dev 9?

pbasra

pbasra
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 17:57

I got just the west language pack with IS9. Have the East language pack with IS11. I moved over the chinese langauge directories though (0404 and 0804).

Thanks
Pardeep

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:11

Ignoring any legal questions, you could try the Add Language wizard which can be used to add unsupported languages. Or you buy the East language pack for Dev9.

pbasra

pbasra
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 20:05

I'll give that a try.

thanks stefan