This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How do I exclude Merge Module from project?

2 replies to this topic

LrngToFly

LrngToFly
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 16:32

Hello-

I have a installation project that is sucking in a Merge Module automatically that I don't have "checked" to include in my project. I don't want this to happen, but I can't figure out how to force Installshield to exclude it.

Another less important question- sometimes install projects include COM components that I haven't explicitly included with my project based on scanning while the installkit is being built. How do I prevent this from occuring?

Thanks much! AL

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 20:08

#1: The module might be listed as dependency in another module. Or it's one of InstallShield's modules like the update agent.

#2: Turn off dependency scanning for .net components

LrngToFly

LrngToFly
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 21:44

Thanks. I don't want to turn off the scanning of .Net dependencies since I'm relying on this to pull in other components. I ended up customizing the build script of the product that needs the Merge Module to copy it to it's location for that product and then deletes it after the product is built. That way it won't be around for the product where I don't want it included.

Thanks again for your help. AL