This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

installed app's root directory

3 replies to this topic

chiquita

chiquita
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 23:39

I am building an installation program for an application that comes with a fair number of examples.  Prior to building the installation, when you go to File->Open, it opens in the application's root directory.  After building the installation, the default folder for File->Open is now My Documents.  We do not wish the user to have to hunt around the hard drive for the example files.  This was not a problem with our old installer and I have not seen this reported as a bug in IS 6.2.  Has anybody else seen this happen?

jverne

jverne
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 00:23

Not entirely sure of your context.  I'm assuming you mean that the win32 file browser defaults to My Documents when opening the browser from your recently installed application.

The first place I'd look is the shortcut you use to run your app.  Remember that the "Start in:" vlaue of the shortcut determines many of the defaults used by the Win32 widgets.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 00:48

Yes, thank you Microsoft for the My Documents directory. :angry:

jverne's suggestion is your best bet for overriding whatever default navigation the OS may be doing.
user posted image

chiquita

chiquita
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 17:16

Ah, thank you!  I set Start In to <TARGETDIR> and that cleared the problem right up.  You guys rock.