This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Create a Connection to a Network automatically

1 reply to this topic

sni63

sni63
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:16

Hello dears.
By manual, for create a new connection to another computer via VPN or dial-up, we should go to the Network Connection, and then on the Network Tasks panel click on the Create a new connection and following its sequence depend on our request for VPN or dial-up connection.

But if we have a program that every time install on any computer, the operator must create a new connection, this work convert to a very boring task for him.

Therefore, I want to make some help to our poor operator by my install program, that it has done his works automatically.

I'm using Basic MSI project.
Can I help him please?
Any idea?

Regards.

Edited by sni63, 19 November 2008 - 07:26.

sni63

sni63
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 05:53

Hello Dears.

I was searching on internet and would see:
Windows use the netshell.dll for create a new connection link.
This dll have some functions that help its to make its tasks.
The Default function of this dll that show the New Connection Wizard, is StartNCW.

By searching on internet, I have found other functions of it. I think the NetSetupAddRasConnection solve my problem, but now i dont know how can i set its parameter for creating new connection.

Any idea?
Thanks.

Edited by sni63, 22 November 2008 - 05:55.