This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Exit Setup

3 replies to this topic

Th.M

Th.M
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 17:13

Hello,

pressing next while displaying the "welcome dialog", the user gets a bunch of radio buttons. If first option is choosen, I query an ID from the system and write these string to a file. The ID is sent to the application vendor to get a serial number. As nothing else happens I do not need further standard dialogs (just an custom summary dialog), copy process or registration to add/remove programs.

How to abort the setup by pressing the finish buttom of my custom dialog after writing the file? All approaches lead to a further dialog that the installation was interrupted ....

What is a clean way to abort setup within Sequences->Installation->User Interface phase.

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:01

This *is* the clean way, and maybe MSI isn't the best technology if you're not really installing anything.

However you could try this trick:

Cancel setup from your radio button dialog.
Replace the "setup interrupted" dialog with your summary dialog.

Th.M

Th.M
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:39

Thanks for your help.

I do copy files and start services if radio button 3 is choosen. Then the installation process is executed.

Which installer type would be more suitable for this kind of installation?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 16:03

Okay. In this case I think users would expect to see an ARP entry, regardless of which radio button option they selected.
You could move the radio selection to a launcher exe or CD browser.
In general, in an InstallScript projects without MSI you have more control.