This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Including ISWi.h in project

6 replies to this topic

scsmith1

scsmith1
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 23:05

I must be missing something, but this is taking way too much time. I am trying to use the MsiSetProperty function. I have included the ISWi.h (also tried iswi.h) file in the project but I keep getting the C8511 error saying the file can't be opened. I have also tried to include the file with the fully qualified path to the file with no luck. Any suggestions?

I have to be able to set a property dynamically during the install.

Thanks in advance biggrin.gif

scs

Silverlay

Silverlay
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:49

What project type you using?

THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR MSI (WINDOWS INSTALLER) PROJECTS, not even for "InstallScript MSI"

If not Basic MSI or InstallScript MSI then fucntions
CODE

MsiSetProperty()
MsiGetProperty()

wont work

Bonum initium est dimidium facti

scsmith1

scsmith1
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 19:42

QUOTE (Silverlay @ 2005-04-21 08:49)
What project type you using?

THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR MSI (WINDOWS INSTALLER) PROJECTS, not even for "InstallScript MSI"

If not Basic MSI or InstallScript MSI then fucntions
CODE

MsiSetProperty()
MsiGetProperty()

wont work

mad.gif Yes, I can read. I am creating an InstallScript installation.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 21:13

MsiSetProperty and MsiGetProperty only work inside a MSI based instalaltion. They cannot be used in a pure InstallScript setup.

What are you actually trying to achieve?

scsmith1

scsmith1
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 01:35

I need to dynamically set the name of a MSDE instance. What I really need to be able to do is dynamically set the app.config file with the name of the instance once it is determined.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:28

If you are launching the MSDE setup from your setup, I believe the only way to pass parameters to it is through its setup.ini file.

scsmith1

scsmith1
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 15:11

Actually I am ok with the naming of the instance. I am trying to save the name of the instance in the app.config file for use in an application. It looks like I will need to revert to an .ini file.