This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Feature specific registry

2 replies to this topic

AcidJazz

AcidJazz
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 23:46

I created Registry Sets and assigned them to components when they were getting installed that it should write to the registry. Currently, it's only writing to software/.../Version

I have 5 different registry sets and it writes to them fine, but after a few minutes all of the registry values get sent to the first registry set I created.

So..

Registry Set 1
../Software/.../Set1Version

Registry Set 2
../Software/.../Set2Version

Registry Set 3
../Software/.../Set3Version

After a few minutes, it turns into

Registry Set 1
../Software/.../Set1Version
../Software/.../Set2Version
../Software/.../Set3Version

With the other two Registry Sets empty

What gives?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:18

Does this happen in your project file? And it doesn't happen immediately but only if you wait (without doing anything) for a few minutes?

AcidJazz

AcidJazz
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 16:29

Yeah in the ISM file it is not working either. I guess I could edit it manually, but I find it weird that it does that...

I am trying to use variable values and folder names in the registry (ie. [MAX_VERSION]) and am not sure where to set these. I went to properties under install script and had functions brought up to edit their values. I figure changing their values pre install (ie OnBegin handler) will be sufficient but I haven't tested it yet.

If that's not supported in InstallScript projects, that could be another reason its broken. I know it works in MSI projects but their property tables are literally tables and not functions you have to declare pre install.

Thanks for replying